468x60

In loving memory of.......

Jan 6, 2011
Long ago,when I joined college my sis said to me,"We are not letting u go to bangalore jus for a mere medical degree,but for u ,to learn to live too"

I am slowly realizing....



In first year,we were just 60 odd people,from different states of India and even different countries of the world-Iran & Bhutan-to be precise!I loved telling I had 'international' classmates then.I wasn't in much touch wid SONAM then.Just a few smiles,'how are you s'.....but his humility always struck me!

1st year exams came and went.We were exposed to the pressure of our 1st university exams.First theory papers n then we had to go thru the practicals....On the day of Anatomy practical exam,he dint arrive though he had given the theory paper.After all the exams,we asked ,"why didnt u come for pracs?U wud have surely passed!!Shud have come and attempted it atleast!"
His sweet smile...."Dono,maybe..." "U shud have" "Anyways I'll write it next time......

Forever, Down-to-earth!

2nd Year -Cons & Prostho Pre-clinicals-Our first entrance to the dental activities!All the staff was very impressed with his "hand-skills"
There was a huge annual sports meet that year,the biggest conducted by our college.That is when we noticed how he becomes a lightning sprint with the football and what an agile athlete he was.I still remember screaming out loud "SONAM...SONAM...SONAM" " 2nd Years go on..."on a staff versus 2nd year football match...
There will be one more match before we leave college.It tears me to think that he wont be there for it.....

Forever,our Ronaldo..

3rd Year-We started with our clinical postings.Our first experiences in dealing with patients.Sonam was posted wit Shruti,Romil & Shwetha.I remember Shruti coming back and recounting all of his antics in departments and the fun times they had...

Forever,our simple boy!

Final year-It is the year in which we go through horrible deadlines & unimaginable stress.There was always some or other assignment or clinical work to be finished for the next day.We were always on our feet.But there was always one person who could be seen at peace & wid a soft smile on his lips...

Last January,running about trying to complete my CD work on time before I leave for home for my mid-sem break & a demaning patient over my head.....a night when I was trying to finish my work when I realized I had no wax sheets to complete my occlusal rims.OMG!! What am I gonna do!?! was my initial reaction...

I rang up everyone of my friends,with fingers crossed hoping that someone had an extra sheet lying about.I messaged all i cud think of....no positive response from any one...8:30 PM....9:00 PM...& i realized I had no other go..But to face the wrath of the patient for delaying his CD...I was in tears..I had booked my flight for the next day..& i had to finish my work before I go...I prayed...Pls find me some way!

At around 9 PM ,I get an sms from Sonam...
"Hey sorry Shahira for the late reply.I was out playing football.Just now I saw ur message.I have a couple of waxsheets here.I will surely give them to ya"

He was my God sent Angel that day!

When I replied I will come to campus to collect it..."No ways,dont be out so late.I ll come to ur place & give it.Not at all a problem"

On the day of Prostho exam.I jus realized my spirit lamp & blow torch weren't in a working condition.The only other person in the other batch whom I could ask a favour was Sonam...

Perio exam morning...my universal scaler was misplaced.Again the person who pitched for me was Sonam...

On the day of Cons exam,I was literally shy to ask of him for one more favour..GMT..and said sorry for troubling him so much...." It is a pleasure for me helping you"

Always kept other's needs before his..Could never say a NO to another person..

The innumerable times he boosted me up when I was down..."I know you have the caliber to deliver...just keep going...Good luck" Did I thank you enough?

When finally the final year results came,he unfortunately had 3 papers to go again..I send a FB msg stating that it is ok & everything will turn out to be fine next time ia...Next time never came...

His reply, "Nice to hear from you,Shahira..M doing great & m still at home..hope ur doing g8..Congragulation fren..n as for me..am not tat upset..everything happens for gud i guess..hehe..neways hope ur college is going well..will come soon..cya tkare"

Optimism was his middle name...

How ironical is the fact,he just attempted those 3 theory papers again & was about to go for the 3 pracs starting from 5 when tragedy struck....

Sonam....u always ended ur sms,conv with a take care...Why dint u take care of urself that fateful morning?..Why did u go for that fateful trip?

It is only after ur demise,that we realized that you are the only sunshine of a mother who lost her husband years back...

It is only after your demise ,that we came to know that u were send by Govt. of Bhutan to India..to study...to become a doctor...Did we take care of you enough?

You have touched innumerable lives in your short 23 years..forever left an imprint in our hearts...

Ur soft smile,ur gentle ways,ur humility...I need to learn from it!

I promise you,you will be remembered forever in our prayers...

I am sure,no new years will pass by for me ,without thinking of you...

Did i fail in my duty of letting you know of my Deen?

(Somewhere when times erases these simple memories...I hope this post will help me remember!)

0 comments: