468x60

22 as it was....

Mar 7, 2011
24 hours before I turn 23,I want to look back at the wonderful year it has been,Alhamdulilah !


If anyone asks me what is it that I remember most of the last year,it was those final few months before the final exam.The sheer pressure...pure stress...killing tension! I donot expect anyone who hasn't gone through it to understand it...& To all those who feel I am making it sound 'enormous', I am not. That's all I can say !

I feel a special bond with all my batchmates,coz we the ones who shared it together! A week before exam when IOPAR s had to be redone cos there was no signature in the records..drawing surgery diagrams 3 times all over again...doing inter maxillary fixation on a cast & the wire poking into the skin n the bleeding hands...waking each other up wid water,sms,& innumerable calls ....

To get up at 2 in the nite to mug up biomechanics or principles of tooth preparation or condylar fracture(read it as ortho,prostho or OS-papers we dint have a break in btween) to write an exam at 2 in the afternoon...I frankly donot remember how much of ZamZam & electrogyl I drank in those days,just to keep me awake....

Patient-hunting days before the clinical exam..Going to IlyazNagar slum at 6 in the morning & waking up patients (lol) so as to make sure that by sharp 9:00 AM,the patients are on our dental chair.....

But the pain of all the stress& tension washed away in a single moment...Sitting in my home in Kerala on an August evening,when I logged on to RGUHS site & saw the 7 'pass' written there (rather the 7 pass of 5 people)....I donot remember what I screamt out loudly to my dad who was reciting the Qur'an after his Maghrib prayers & my mom who was engaged in her After-Maghrib-Dhikr...All I remember was that,I was screaming on top of my lungs! Alhamdulilah. ...That is a moment that will be imprinted in my heart,mind & soul forever!!!Alhamdulilah....

Looking back through the year ,I have learnt quite a lot..spiritually,professionally & personally...

Going through some dark days of low,blow & despair,I have learnt simply just place ur Trust in Lord Above....To rely on Him completely...even when the whole world turns their back & you are crashing,He is there..At times when friends near you cannot see those tears or family miles away,feel your pain,HE is there....that's it..HE is there!Alhamdulilah...

Professional learning was my biggest achievement of the last year! alhamdulilah....The year I started learning the basics of all branches of dentistry...There is so much more to learn,insha'allah & I truly have miles to go....

A change in me,personally,is atleast starting, to conquer my fears.Though it is just the starting,nevetheless a starting......

Yet another lesson was from seeing death so close..2months later,I & rest of my classmates are still reeling under the shock & I think there will b a part of us,which will forever be...
From your loved ones,to the people who teach you ; from the lab assistant to the grocer whom you frequent ; from the chat friend miles away to the lil junior who looks up to you ; from the lil sibling who has seen you since the day he was born to the football mates wid whom u played unnumerable matches , our lives are so interconnected!!

I miss you,friends!I really do! May ur souls rest in peace!

At the cross-roads of life,I donot know where life is goin to take me after this year,whether this is going to be my final year of formal education or whether marital bliss (?) (Or is it marital responsibilites) is going to knock on my doors..I donot know...Anyways,Thawakalthu-ala-Allah !I know His ways are always for the BEST!

To all those people who made my life better in many ways & on many days....thankyou!!

To my mom & dad,siblings ezp my lil bro who is my lil sunshine in my small world,some real close friends (I aint naming u ppl,s'ppose u know! :) )

As for me,these final few months of my college...Only advice for myself,from ME (;D) : Take it easy,relax & enjoy! these days will not come back ever again!

Insha'allah,looking forward for 'the Graduation'....
Insha'allah,looking forward to taking 'the Hippocrates Oath'.....
Insha'allah,looking forward to that moment when I change the tassel from left to right...

0 comments: