468x60

Blessed Lands, Indeed !

Oct 30, 2011
It was the winter of 1997. I was in 4 th grade. My family decided to go for Umrah. Excitement creeps my body since it is the first time that I am going to see the ''Ka'bah" and to the Holy City of Makkah. More excitement for me as we are travelling with one of my best friend's (FF) family !!


To this December, It has been 14 years since that journey.....


My heart yearns to go back to the Holy Land...


to taste the feeling of Peace when we first set our eyes on the Ka'bah...   

to circumambulate 7 times around the Ka'bah & to ask for forgiveness from AL Ghaffar ...

to kiss the Hajar Al Aswad and to remember I am touching the same spot as was touched by our Beloved Prophet SAW ...

to cry to my Lord of my innermost fears of which only He knows...

to say my Salaah in the Masjid al Haram and know that is equivalent to a 100 000 prayers and to feel the Oneness of The Ummah ...

to feel my forehead, while in Sujood, on the cold slab in the Courtyard of Mosque in Makkah...

to stand near the Maqam Ibrahim and pray the 2 Rakah's and remember the story of Prophet Ibrahim AS as he built the first place of Worship on earth ...

to perform Saee' along the Mountains of Safa & Marwah and to remember the story of a mother's ( Haajar) franatic search of water for her son ( Ismaeel AS) ...

to drink the blessed water of ZamZam and feel its coolness trickle down my throat   ...

to see the Jabal Al-Noor where the first words of ''Iqra' " were revealed and to remind myself to just read more...

to hear the beautiful recitation of Qur'an by Sheikh Sudais, Sheikh Shuraim and other Imam(s) of the Holy Mosque...

to visit our Beloved Prophet's SAW Mosque and to feel , I am in the same place, same spot, where once long ago, Prophet SAW lived...

to pray 2 Raka'hs in Ar Rawda in the Prophet's Mosque...

to feel the coolness of the morning breeze as I walk in the blessed town of Madinah after Fajr Salaah...

Ya Rabb, help me to return back to the blessed lands soon - Ameen! 






0 comments: