468x60

Cycle of Life !!

Nov 16, 2010
My previous post reminded me of an incident :

Last year,during the final internal practical exams of Prosthodontics,I had a 70 year old patient-a complete denture patient......

Complete denture in simple words means the artifical set that old people wear.Fabrication of complete denture was our final year exercise for Prosthodontics,which was a truly messy and strenuous experience!!

Coming back to the exam, we have to complete one step of complete denture fabrication in a stipulated period of time on the basis of which we would be graded!

Recording the case history of the patients is a must before we start every case and so there I was,with butterflies in my stomach,all geared up and asking the patient for his occupation,address and family history and he narrates his tale........

" I have 4 sons.The first one is an engineer,studied in the same college,second one has done his MBA,third one finished his B.com and is into business and the youngest one is done with his graduation..

They are all in separate places well settled and quite happy with their lives.Very glad that they have done well in life......

Our house was always filled wid noise,fights and much racket.U can imagine with 4 boys.It's an eerie silence now.I wish I cud rewind to those days.Then I had complained about the noise,now I complain about the silence.....

What can I do? I cannot tell them to sit at home and be with me.It would be quite selfish of me.They too need to find their way out & look after their families!!

I never knew loneliness was a major part of post-retirement life!...... "

Rest of the exam was a blur for me....

A silent prayer for him....
& all those left alone!


Till Next,
Fly High ! :)

0 comments: